My Health Website

Are Your Vitamins Safe?

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

You can eat what you want

I say this for one reason only. It is possible to eat what you want if you do it the right way. Let me give you some facts about me. I am 28, 5'5" and weigh 107. I do have a small frame, and am in some peoples opinions thin. I wear a size 1 in pants. No my skin does not hang on my bones. I have curves, and am very proportionate. Now, I take whole food vitamins everyday. I do not eat right. I don't eat fast food very often either though. Most of what I eat is carbs. I love red meat and potatoes. I eat can foods, all the time. Now the way I stay the size I am, I eat small portions. I eat when I want, all day long. I only eat enough to get full. I eat slowly. Snail slow. Doing this allows you to know when you are full and helps to keep you from eating to much. If you sit down and have 3 full meals a day, your metabolism is not able to keep up. By eating several small meals a day your metabolism is always moving. I never eat breakfast. I have to be awake at least 2 hours before I can eat. My dad is the same way. He eats a little all day long. At 51 he is 5lbs heavier than he was when he got out of high school. Now yes it could be genetics, but I'm my opinion it has more to do with how we eat, what we do after we eat, and how much we eat at one time. My husband is a prime example of proof genetics is not the cause. His mother and 4 sisters are all very overweight. But he is 38 and 165lbs. He eats like a horse. He eats fast food most of the time, and is on the road 3 weeks at a time. But he is active. He works outside 12 hours a day and is always moving. His sisters all work desk jobs. They rarely do anything more active than walking to the refrigerator. After you eat, get up an moving. Sitting in one place is not going to help you at all. If you work at a desk, make it a point to leave the desk to eat. Get up. Go outside and sit. Go to a different part of the office and stand while you eat. Just get up and move. And NEVER eat so much you feel like you cannot move. The more you eat, the more your stomach stretches. This means you will require more an more food to feel full. By eating small amounts more often it will take you less to feel full. You are better able to digest a smaller amount than a large amount. It is better for every aspect of digestion. You are less likely to experience indegestion, gas, and heartburn this way as well. If you are trying to lose weight, my first suggestion is to get up and moving. Second, eat less more often. If I were to eat 3 big meals a day, I would certainly weigh 150 or more. I have been 135lbs, and on my frame I was heavy and very unhappy with myself and my appearance. I changed what I did, ate more often, but less at one time, and in a matter of 8 weeks lost 20lbs without dieting. Yes your weight problem is in many ways your own fault. Make a chart for yourself. Everyday for a week write down what you eat and drink. Every bit of it. At the end of that week look it over. How much of it was junk? healthy? what could you have done without? Does it amaze you yet how much you eat in an average week? I have a friend of over 15yrs. He is obese. He is almost 550lbs. He blames it on his family. His family is all heavy, I give him that, but in the last few years his eating habits have gotten worse, and his activity has slowed to nothing. He has a desk job. And he eats in one meal what I eat in 2 days. But it's not his fault he is fat. I hate excuses. Everyone has some control over what they look like. Yes genetics has some impact on it, but the majority of it is you. I know this is mean and rude, but if you are overweight, do you blame yourself or do you blame your parents? Do you blame McDonalds? They offer salads. Do you exercise? Do you sit at a desk 8 hours a day and in front of the tv the other 16? So, it's your jobs fault? If you have made a resolution to lose weight this year, good for you. Now how are going to do it?

Jump start you weight loss, ER Fat Burn Program

No comments: