My Health Website

Are Your Vitamins Safe?

Sunday, November 23, 2008

I have to take how MANY????

I know that whole food vitamins are the next "big thing" in health. Do a search on them and see how many results you get. So I thought I should compare theirs to the ones I take. Here is what I found:
  1. Most of these whole food vitamins contain far less nutrients in one pill than the Pops
  2. The cost is very similar
  3. You have to take 3 or more a day, I found one that says 4, and at $40 for a bottle of 90, the math is not that great
  4. If you want an energizing for the morning, that's great, but try to find one for the evening
  5. Many of these products are in tablet form, using soy as a binding agent
  6. If you need a specific vitamin, you have to buy those separately
  7. Some have Lactose, since when do veggies have lactose in them?
  8. Many of these provide the least amount of information as possible
  9. The Pops have natural food source vitamins, and gelatin/water to make up the capsule no added bonding agents, no other stuff to make them look good. You can put them in food and eat them, they don't taste/smell bad. You can put them in a smothie, you only need 1 a day, unless you take both the purple and green. Then it is 1 purple in the am, 1 green in the pm.
  10. They do not offer eating plans, diet plans, or any other form of support to the consumer as to ways to live better and eat better. It's like buying diet pills hoping they will make you lose weight without changing anything, then you wonder why you are not losing any.
They appear to be in it just for the money, to say "hey, we can make those to"
In my opinion, I would rather take something that has people standing behind it. People who have tried them and give their honest reviews of them. I like the idea of finding someone who not only markets them, but also uses them. I want to take something that has been around for more than 6 months. The fly-by-night companies are out there. Whatever is the "deal" at the time, everyone wants to jump on board, make a quick buck, then run when it's over. Think Atkins, Acai Berries, Cabbage Soup Diet. Call me crazy, but I don't want to be the guinea pig for big corporations who make whole food vitamins just to fill in the gaps of their company not selling the cheap synthetics anymore. I will stick to my Pops myself.

Whatever vitamins you decide on, do your homework. What's in them? How much is a serving? How long has the company been making them? What other products do they make? Are there REAL people who are taking them willing to share their experiences with you? Good & Bad? Anyone can say "these are great, take them" Companies pay people to say things like this. Watch commercials, results not typical, paid reenactments, ect. If someone was willing to pay me to say something, I would say it. I do not get paid to say "Take the Pops", I take them myself. I believe in them, and I stand behind them. They are not "miracle" pills. They are designed for real people with real lives who have a hard time eating right all the time. They help fill in the gaps. If you eat burgers all day, you are missing out on vitamins your body needs. The Pops help to give you those.

Real Whole Food Vitamins, Made By Real People, For Real People

No comments: